Monday, September 5, 2011

Bed Project continued

Well, I completed the wood portion of my bed, with only the headboard to finish.  It took me about 2 weeks to acquire the drive to work on it again... but i did, and here are the results. :)
Spoiler.  :)

Headless board.

Added 2' on the top

Covered with batting, then green heavy fabric.  Dimples: staples

hot glued buttons covering the staples

closeup

Night photo - with the addition of the star lamp. :)

3 comments:

  1. I love it! I'm really looking forward to taking on a few diy projects this fall, and your blog in inspiring me to get going! I miss you terribly, by the way. I really didn't enjoy my time at the Pantry very much, but I constantly think about how glad I am that it introduced me to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! that's so encouraging. :) and I would have to say the same thing about you... the pantry wasn't the best place, but the connections weren't completely bad! <3 I'm so glad we got to work together. I hope things are going amazing on the other coast! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a great alternative to making a "tufted" headboard! love this idea...i will be re-using this great idea!

    -s.

    serioussarahblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete