 |
| Won Kow - Chinatown, Chicago |
 |
| Hair by Patti (right) |
 |
| Dude, we rocked that pool cover! |
 |
| Cynthia sees the BEAN!!!! epic. |
 |
| Millennium Park is where it's at. :) |
So, I flew to Chicago before the beginning of my Europe trip, and I'm wrapping it up pretty soon. Saturday night I stayed up late, chilled, and had a wonderful Sunday with Dad and Linda doing the same thing. Had a little Chinese at Won Kow in chinatown (THE BEST CHINESE RESTAURANT by the way... :) ), and drove to Rockford to get my hair fixed before leaving. Had a wonderful time drinking mimosas, eating blueberry muffins, and basically having a spa-day at Patti's with Megan and Anna. Wonderful to see them again. Then I drove back down to Warrenville to meet up with my bestie, Cynthia. Haven't seen her in about a year, so it has been amazing to hang out with her. And then, the icing on the cake: Aunt Lynn and Jock, wrigley and ozzie. :) love them. Yesterday, Cynthia and I halfway opened up the pool (got some serious work done.... Aunt Lynn, Cynthia and I took the cover off, which usually takes 4 full-grown men to do! woooot wooooot!), then we went downtown for a little sight seeing and dinner with the padre and Linda. Just a pleasant day in the sunshine. Today was another sleep-in day, with errands to do, people to see, things to research for the trip, and overall prepare myself for the big day of departure tomorrow! Yikes! But it has been a nice little vacation in my favorite city in the country, getting ready for my big trip! So excited! :)
Don't spend all your money!
ReplyDeletelooks like a lovely time in chi-town. I wanna go sometime. and your hair looks great! it's a bit darker, yes?
ReplyDeleteMoney is not being spent unnecessarily. :)
ReplyDeleteYes, Caity, it is darker. I really like having it that way. Lower maintenance. :) and yes!!!!! I would love it if you visited me in Chicago!
I was excited to find you blog on facebook! Looks like your gonna have a blast! Cant wait to hear more about it!
ReplyDeleteXOXO
I looove your red dress!!! You look so cute :)
ReplyDeleteThe blog is AWESOME!!! I love the background.
ReplyDeleteHey and I MADE IT ONE THE BLOG...hahaha me and my lovely red locks. :D
Sooo looking forward to your updates. I bet you are having a BLAST. Keep us posted on all of your adventures. Watch out for those Italian men. (wink wink) hahaha
thank youuuuuuuu!!!!!! but i must warn you folks, the first couple of blog posts are going to be super long because I have had a crazy full few days, and i have to share it with you, and it has added up quite quickly since i haven't had internet access in 4 days! yikes! have fun! lol
ReplyDeleteSandra, so fun to read the details of your adventures so far. Your writing makes me feel like I'm almost there with you...:)
ReplyDelete