Snap. Pressed the snooze button one too many times… Missed my time slot for the shower. Cornflakes and whole milk. Ah well… a quick deluge does the job and forces you to wake up faster. Morning cappuccino: check. Checkcheckcheckcheckcheckcheckcheck.i’m.awake.
Class with Nikos! YESSSS!!!!! Did you know that Emperor Diocletian issued an edict stating what the price cap was for colored marble? Unfortunately, his attempt to control inflation in the year 301 A.D. failed. Anyway, stone is fascinating. The amount of work that used to go into extracting, carving, transporting and finishing it was insane.
Lunch with Susan: old pasta with awkward tomato sauce, almost frozen salad, and fresh garlic butter on good old American-ish white bread. Apple gelato in Piazza Francesco kept us entertained as we tried to connect to SanGemini internet with our computers. Then school for some internet connection and whatnot.
And I have decided that Signor Long Wind needs to be long winded no more. I have nothing else to say. Finally, pizza and an Italian beer (NO ALLERGIC REACTION!!! YAAAAYYY!!!!) satisfied my tummy for the evening, and we were back to the school for movie night. The biggest waste of my time ever. Absolutely no redeeming quality that I could see. But I DID get to talk to my padre on Skype on the phone, which was super nice. J
Now it’s off to get a few hours of sleep before we have to wake up early for our train leaving for Assisi. This weekend is a self-guided tour of Assisi on Saturday, travel to Perugia on Saturday night, fun times for the evening, then touring of Perugia on Sunday and back to San Gemini in the evening. Woot Woot!
| It was windy, and susan was laughing. Total candid moment |
| And this was where i was oh-so-gracefully walking up the little tunnel thing, and tripped. But I didn't faceplant, soooooo..... success!!!!! Susan caught the other candid moment. :) |
| GOOD pizza and beer. :) |
| I think this is the budweiser of Italy. Delish. |
all your posts about food make me hungry. thanks Cassie. I'm glad you're having a great time. Your trip to Assisi sounds like fun, enjoy the weekend!
ReplyDeleteCandid moments are great =)
I KNOW your bedbug comment is because of me and I LAUGHED OUT LOUD!
ReplyDeleteYou sound like you could live there. Way to be adventurous and try all the new things. We miss you around "the Ville." We finally had a 90-degree day here so summer is finally started!
Love the posts. It makes me want to go back sooner rather than later.
Take care of yourself.
Love, D2