It was a fairly leisurely morning on the last day in Valencia – packing up all our stuff, making two pots of French press coffee, making sure the laundry is dry, etc etc. It was a beautiful, cool morning, as if Valencia was apologizing for its hot treatment for the past 3 days. We checked out of our condo and headed to Old Town for the main Renfe train station. They were booked until 5PM, so we drug our luggage to Finnegans, the Irish Pub, and had lunch and afternoon snacks while we surfed the internet, taking care of business for the next few days in Munich and Barcelona.
BACK down to the train station, but of course our train was delayed 25 minutes, so a little souvenir shopping and coffee passed the time. I got some fun stuff for fairly cheap, and we hopped on the train for a 3.5 hour ride to Barcelona. We opened the other bottle of wine I brought from Italy, and enjoyed it along with the beautiful Mediterranean scenery we were passing. And of course, its not a train ride without an attempted nap. :-D
Arriving in Barcelona, we had NO idea where our hotel was, so after walking for 2 blocks, we caught a cab. The taxi drivers in Barcelona are SO chill – not crazy fast. It was actually a little annoying because he would stop at a yellow light, and as we sat at the red light, I would watch as we were charged .25 more euro for sitting there. Sigh. Oh well, we got to our hostel around 10 PM and consequently our room – TINY. I’m pretty sure the size of the room was less than 8x10ft. But at least we had a shower! :-D
Out for a late night snack, and we saw Barcelona’s claim to fame for modern architecture – it looked like what I call the “bullet building” from London, except it was colorfully lit up. Of course I took a picture….
The place we went to was kind of like a Cracker Barrel version of a bar – it had signs all over representing different American sports teams. Even the Montana Grizzlies were there! I ordered a fair chicken wrap, and David got some pasta and pesto with his olive oil. Yep. The whole dish was swimming in olive oil. But the pesto was to DIE for – LOADED with salt and garlic and pesto flavor! Definitely on my list of things to experiment with when I get home. After our many pesto adventures in Italy, I am a BIG fan.
Back at the hostel, I think I died and went to heaven when I connected to the internet, and it was SCREAMING fast. I knew fast internet existed somewhere, but I had never experienced it on a laptop, let alone MY laptop. It was amazing. That’s all. Bueno noche. :-D
No comments:
Post a Comment