Wake up 7: 25. Check. Shower. Check. Fix face. Check. Laundry hung up. Check. Bread, cream cheese and jam for breakfast. Check. Out of the door by 8:15 for coffee. Check. To school by 8:25 to check email before class starts. Check. How in the world did I just accomplish all that in 50 MINUTES!??!?!
Lecture about black crust that forms on rock. Black crust is water-borne pollution particles that attach to the surface of rock (Marble is the most susceptible of course), form a thick layer, then break off, taking the rock with it, causing significant structural and microscopic damage to the rock. Break between morning lectures consisted of a banana and 4 strawberries, and more laundry. The second half of lecture was spent talking about surveying equipment. I mean, I knew surveying was kinda complicated, but I definitely have a new respect for those people who have to be sooooo precise about everything, or the measurements are way off. We finished a little before noon, which was nice, since it was Signor Long Wind who was speaking.
Hmmmmmmm what to do for lunch? My roommates decided on salad and/or bread. Bah. I am a healthy 22 year old girl who believes in real food! It did not take me long to decide I was going to attempt an omelette mixture of some sort. Ingredients: sausage, fried separately, then added homemade garlic butter(made by yours truly), one whole freshly grated potato(I think my grater holes are a little small, but whatevs!), salt, white pepper, basil, a bit of cheese, 3 eggs, and then when all cooked, topped off with more cheese. I finally found some ketchup yesterday at the market, but it was hot ketchup…. I decided to risk it anyway. The whole meal was quite different from home, but it worked, and between it and 2 glasses of milk, I satisfied my tummy. Oh yes. And the usual gelato: Banana and hazelnut today(I get two different kinds every day so I can try it all!). :D
CAD was not kind to me today. Actually, the program itself was fine…. It was the people who recorded all the measurements of the building I was drawing up that were not fine. I’m pretty sure they must have been having too much GELATO at the time or something, because the measurements didn’t match up at all… when I could sort of figure out what was going on with the page. Intense. I begged the TA to let me go down there and take my own measurements, but was denied. After beginning and not being able to finish the floor plan and two elevations, I think he got the idea, since he could not figure it out either….
Anyway, I finally left that place and had some quick dinner. Mmmmmm. Now, just waiting for movie night and about to start the season finale of BONES!!!!!! :D :D :D :D
| This is my concoction: notice the ketchup HOT.... |
| This looks like a picture of me being discusted, but its not. I'm actually very excited about eating this! just a little nervous about the hot ketchup.... |
| See? delish! |
| gelato and computer: success. banana flavor on top, hazelnut on the bottom. yummy! |
No comments:
Post a Comment