Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sugar, Spice, and Everything Nice.


It’s Tuesday already?  And I only have about 5 more days here?  Time to get my GELATO on!  That’s right.  2 servings today…. Gotta store up all those calories.  Seriously.  They are really attracted to me these days. But the tuna artichoke pizza…. Sooooo soooo sooo worth it.
tuna artichoke pizza


The wall today is primed and ready for some mortar.  Every day on the scaffold is a new experience.  Nikos showed us how to mix the mortar and apply it to the wall correctly.  “Piece of cake”, I say.  Pride comes before a fall.  Literally.  I was dropping mortar on the people below me quite often.  After awhile, I got the hang of it.  You have to spray the rocks with water a little bit, and the mortar sticks a lot better.   The most difficult part of mortaring, however, is the filling of holes large enough to fit a small cantaloupe.  You have to fill the sides with mortar, put a rock or brick in there, fill up the edges, put more rocks in there, let it dry, and just apply several times.  It was difficult, but so fun!

Mixing the mortar.  This is about right.

In progress... but this is mostly done...
The real fun began after school was finished at 7:15, though, because we were having dinner with friends at 8:30 and were making good food for it.  Cinnamon rolls were on the books for me – but I lost my recipe, so I had negative 15 minutes to find a new one and get started on it.  Needless to say, allrecipes.com had my back.  This bread recipe ROCKED my WORLD.  http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/ninety-minute-cinnamon-rolls/Detail.aspxIt turned out really well, and I would strongly recommend it. :-) Phoebe made a veggie risotto, and it was SOOOOO good.  I am a HUGE fan of risotto, and now know how to make it! One more dish to add to my tiny library of dishes. 

This dough was GREAT to roll out and use.  Perfect.
Eating the cinnamon rolls....

rolled up and ready to go into the oven
Veggies for the Risotto



1 comment:

  1. did you use a wine bottle as your rolling pin?! I love it!

    ReplyDelete