Friday, June 17, 2011

I'm not lethargic, just content. :D

After staying out late last night and enjoying a perfect sleep (I woke up happy even!), I remembered I had a test this morning… whoops.  Well, I only missed three, so such is life.  I missed my shower though… bummer.  And today was picture day with the entire group of us.  Yay for being taller than quite a few girls here and being hidden in the back!

Back to work on the wall.  Then lunch – anybody have a guess where we went?  Hm.  Maybe some Pizza? Yes please.  The group of us decided we were going to take our time getting back to the wall, so we ate gelato and relaxed at the umbrella’d area in front of the gate.  It is now our goal to be like the old men who sit in front of Bar Centrale and watch the passers-by.  We ended up cleaning up the wall fairly quickly and washing all of our tools – the group of us worked really well together.  Poor Adam was the only guy in the group of us construction gals – he dealt with it well though.  He’s pretty much the favorite – he loves talking about Etruscan ruins (pre-Roman Umbria) and sharing his random factoids he has learned from his copious documentary watching.  He is also Jewish, which adds an interesting flavor to his already popular personality.  In fact, the girls were saying how much they were going to miss him and how they wanted to group skype him, and he suggested the following:  “just buy a broom, put a bucket on top and use your imagination that it is me…”  :-D
smiley construction workers. 

goofy.  I might add that the toolbox is balanced on my head - Adam is not touching it.  :D


Shower time, then hanging outside of Bar Parrelli(which in Italy is more of an inclusive cafe, not the standard "bar" in the U.S.), eating dinner Italian style – which we left 4 hours later.  I actually borrowed Elizabeth’s camera again and had some fun taking about 200 pictures of around town and the folks that I have become good friends with.  It is sobering to know that I will never see some of these people ever again.  But it is good to have had fun and loved people rather than to avoid it because of the sadness of it ending.  I couldn't shake the relaxed, chill feeling.  One of the girls described it as "Zen" as I was sitting back in my chair, munching on my food.  How much better can it get on a balmy day, a cold drink, and an epic photoshoot? :)

Bar Parrelli, right inside Porta Roma

Beautiful chandelier inside the bar

Outside Porta Roma looking in at some of our group hanging out...thats my purse in the lower right hand corner. :)

Porta Burgi - the one we were working on.

an older-ish wall

These trike-trucks are EVERYWHERE.

Sweet car - it was tiny of course... European style.

My mystery meat, artichoke, cream cheese Bruschetta... mmmm

I came back from my photo excursion to eat my food - some kind of meat and artichokes on cream cheese on bread... mmmmmmm
And to all of you classmates reading this:  Thank you for putting up with me and it was absolutely wonderful to get to know you all.  I really enjoyed every single one of you.  Have wonderful times in your travels, and hope to hear from you every once in awhile! :D

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Cassie, you just made me cry. It has been an honor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you are going to miss the food...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad, Nikki. :)
    And dad, yes I am... but my body will not. It could do without some Italian food for awhile in order to shrink back to normal size. lol

    ReplyDelete