Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sunny Monday? What?


Are Mondays really supposed to be this sunny?  I’m pretty sure not… Regardless,  5 girls took advantage of the sunshine during the lunch hour.  Before I proceed, I should explain our lunch hour.  We get out of classes at noon, and if you don’t have food that you can make for lunch, you can be in trouble.  You see, from about 12 till about 3:30, most of the stores are closed for siesta.  Today, we stopped at the Pizzaria before it closed and treated ourselves to a couple of slices of the one of a kind pizza.  I experimented with some sort of meaty pizza/Panini.  Delish. 
Pizza/Panini think-o-ma-bobber.

Then 5 of us girls proceeded to find an olive orchard where we spread out a sheet and soaked up some sun.  After 30 minutes of just laying there, I swiped my friends super awesome camera and took a lot of pictures. I have discovered something about myself on this trip already:  I really really really really like taking pictures.  I don’t know what I would do if I didn’t have a camera.

A beautiful, unsuspecting model. :)
Afternoon class consisted of taking measurements of this secret room between 2 levels of San Giovanni Batista.  You access it through a trap door… but just the whole layout of the room reminds Susan and I of an interrogation room.  So it is now the interrogation room… in a monastery.  The walls are wavy, and to say the floor is uneven is a sick understatement.  Regardless, we spent 4 hours in the interrogation room measuring walls. 
LE TRAP DOOR!
"oh hallo!!!!!"
the interrogation room.


Apparently that was a day to be hanging out at the Batista, because the local group of Italians that we have been getting to know decided to make us dinner that night.  We all met back at the large room in San Giovanni, walking in to find 8 HUGE pans of pasta, other kinds of Italian food, and enough wine to prevent 30 people’s thirst all night long.  They have pretty good English, and we usually can communicate pretty well.  It was a wonderful night.    One thing I have to say about Italians: they are really friendly, and really do enjoy us silly Americani. 

Even Mondays here rock. 

1 comment:

  1. oooh hallooo!

    mmm your panini thing looks great! Think I'm gonna try making more italian food soon. I made spinach pasta with a white wine alfredo last night. yeah. you'd have liked it. ;-) today, I'm not sure what I'm gonna make today, but something.

    ReplyDelete