Sunday is always a good day. It lifts the spirits, relaxes you before the beginning of another hectic week, and brings your mind back to the peace that only One can provide. Today was an especially good day. I renewed my podcasts to Christ Church, and listened to two sermons from Pastor Wilson. Not only did his speaking bring a smile to my face, but it also reminded me of how blessed I am to have such an amazing and supportive community back home.
I chilled out in the Piazza, people-watched and took some pictures of the beautiful flowers I was enjoying. I have never been a person to appreciate cut flowers, but gardens always floor me with their intricacy and exquisiteness.
 |
| pretty red flowers, with an old building in the background... of course. |
 |
| purple flowers with a bench like the one I am sitting on in the background |
A mid-afternoon snack of a real baloney sandwich and an apple with nutella (my new favorite spread, by the way) kept me a happy camper for my next task: postcard writing. I have also never been a postcard person, but I know some people would appreciate something foreign – I know I would.
 |
| apple and baloney sandwich. :) |
Dinner with some friends preluded an evening in the school building and a mid-evening snack of gelato: something “rosa” and tiramisu flavor. The pink stuff was a little odd – couldn’t figure out what it was supposed to be, but it was delicious anyway. I love the fact that gelato has so little fat! It’s keeping my traditional summer weight gain pretty normal. Haha
 |
| Tiramisu on the left, and something... pinkish... on the right |
And then just a few pictures of the walk back home…. Enjoy! :)
 |
| artificial lights and the natural light in the sky. :) |
 |
| church off the Piazza |
 |
| Via Roma, one of the main streets that is almost next to my apartment |
 |
| Light right outside my apartment window. :) |
ahhhh so lovely! The Italian buildings are soooo pretty....I'm sure the lighting helps with the ambiance a bit =) And I love getting to enjoy the AMAZING foods with ya (nutella is the best. have ya had nutella crepes? we'll add to our list...yes?)
ReplyDeletefunny, I've always like cut flowers better than gardens =p