SOOOO much sleep! I felt soooooo good all day long! Morning classes with Nikolos were amazing – we learned about scagliola, the art of basically creating false marble out of gypsum. You dye it, and then you can either inlay it, or just create stone slabs by mixing it all together and letting it set (kind of like concrete). It was fascinating.
Then came the essential part of the day: walking down the hill to the “super market” to get lots of different food. Just to give you a mental image of the size of this “super center”, picture a standard Walgreens, then shrink it about 40%. TINY. But regardless, it had most of the necessary items: fresh food, packaged food, nutella, shampoo and conditioner (I’m pretty sure it took me more time to figure out which was shampoo and conditioner than it did to shop for the rest of my grocery list), pasta, garlic, bread, etc…. The long-ish trek back uphill was humid and boring. It had rained first thing in the morning, and we have been used to dry weather pretty much all day, except for the standard afternoon thunderstorm. Bleck. Finally we made it to our apartment, put away all our groceries, and then had one of my favorite lunches: bread with cream cheese and fresh tomato with salt on top. Thanks to my mother, I have grown up on this lunch, and it fixed a little bit of my homesickness for good ol’ American food. Of course, you have to top this off with gelato, which today happened to be peach and then some grape gelato on top… the grape gelato was really weird – the first kind of gelato I really did not enjoy.
| A member of my shopping trip group is 6'7" tall... and apparently the only shopping carts left were little kids'..... I'm pretty sure I made a fool of myself laughing at this, the picture of the day. |
Back to class, and more autoCAD. I finished the tracing of my second relief, and began on the drawing of the plans of the secret room – although, that is kind of an exaggeration. Mostly I just stared at the hand-drawn plans and tried to figure out what in the world was going on with the different size walls, randomly twisted and curved walls, and wondering exactly how I was going to draw it. I’m still puzzled. That is a task to be attacked tomorrow.
The event of the evening was quite exciting: a girl in my class was turning 21, so people planned an American Breakfast birthday party. When my roommates and I showed up, about half the group consisted of Italians. Everybody was sooooo loud, and eventually the group migrated to Piazza Francesco, where loudness was not an issue. We stayed there until about midnight, and then disbanded, as we had class in the morning. Those Italians, whew…. They can party till the cows come home. Just gonna say: I love people watching.
"But regardless, it had most of the necessary items:... ...nutella..."
ReplyDeletelol!
sounds like a good day. take luck drawing up the secret room. <3
ReplyDeleteNUTELLA!
NUTELLA!!!! i am HOPELESSLY addicted now. :D
ReplyDelete