Sunday, June 12, 2011

When all is calm...


It is a glorious thing to sleep for 11 hours.  A 1:30 bedtime put my estimated time of wakefulness (ETW… haha) at 12:30.  Someone was ringing my doorbell, but by the time I figured out that I should get up and open the door, the person was gone.  It was a welcome interruption, however, because I had just had a terrible dream during which my phone was not working, and I was careening down a never-ending road on a longboard – which my phone controlled.  Yes, I was happy to wake up and realize that I was no for real. :D

Did some laundry, ate some food, and went to Bar Centrale for my daily cappuccino.  The guy, Daniel, knows exactly what I like – espresso topped with cocoa powder, and foamy steamed milk.  After some computer work, a spinach Panini-thingy and a beer from the local Pizzaria topped off my already wonderful afternoon.  An evening spent with friends completed the day, landing me in bed after 1:30 a very happy girl. 
sitting outside the school building, because it was locked.  Sunshine and the internet is kinda nice. :)

I also just realized that I mainly write about the food.  Why is that?  Welllll maybe because I really really enjoy eating, and I’m kind of obsessed with the food here. 

Panini-thingy and beer.  mmmmmmm. 
Another thing that is worth mentioning is the ladies shoes.  Seriously.  How often do you see so many women wearing at least 4 inch heels, just walking around town?  INSPIRING I say.  These Italians (women AND men) really know how to dress – they always look either classy or just plain chic.  I’ve been told that men spend 1/3 of their income on clothes….




1 comment:

  1. 4 inch heels, I'm thinking some are are like 6 inch heels.

    ReplyDelete