Friday, June 17, 2011

Sometimes good things must come to an end... :-(

NOOOOOOO!!!!  Only 4 more days left in this part of Italy?  Where did the time go?  I don’t know enough Italian yet!  I didn’t eat enough gelato!


Gelato that is supposed to taste like cake, but it actually tastes like eggnog.

And then basically the day was consumed by working on the wall.  We had essentially one day to get everything finished, so we worked…. And worked… and worked…. Had a gelato break… and worked….   It was really nice though, because we were just PUMPING out this mortar.  We all kind of took our own breaks, and I decided to turn on music on the iphone and rock out (BAHAHAHA pun intended!!!) while I was by myself on the wall.  The weather was positively balmy - I couldn't have asked for a better day and a better place to mortar a wall. :)  And then Nikos decided at 6 that it was more important for us to be pretty for the group dinner that evening than to finish the final touches.  No complaints here.  We had 2 full hours to do WHATEVER we wanted.  I have a tiny complaint to insert here though:  I had no idea how often we would have occasions to dress up and so little available shopping there was going to be here.  It is kind of humbling to wear the same dress within 2 weeks – even though you have already cycled through all the dresses you have here…. I will definitely keep this in mind next time I come to Europe… Hopefully my next trip will be to Greece. :D
mortaring - this used to be 6 inches deep
Working.

So the entire group of us met at the American Bar at 8:30 for the typical late Italian dinner, and we sat at a table about 30 feet long to fit all of us.  We were served wine, and innumerable amounts of different dishes that we passed up and down the already laden food table.  There were lots of laughs, tiramisu for dessert, and thousands of words passed around.  I fell asleep a super happy girl.  
Mid-laugh with susan. :)

NIKOS!!!! Our greek - italian restoration awesome dude.

Tiramisu
some o' my girls: Marika(italian), Ann Walt(mississippi), Emmauela(italian), and Julianne (new york city) ;D

More girls: Julianne (NYC), Noemi (italian), Erin (Wisconsin), me (?), and Susan (San Fran)

2 comments:

  1. take me to Greece wichya!

    and i love that picture of you and Susan. very pretty girls!

    ReplyDelete